Hello and welcome to Aquafadas Answers, the community forum for our digital publishing tools. Here you’ll find answers to common questions about our platform and software, as well as inspiration from fellow designers and developers.
Have a question or a great idea? Search the forum above or submit a new post!
By Matthieu Kopp
Why does pinch zoom no longer work when zoomed to fullscreen image in iOS & Universal Remote Reader? It was working in the past that when one double-tapped an image to go to fullscreen, you could then pinch zoom to expand and view details. Did something change in AppFactory iOS or in Apple's iOS itself? This happened before going to version 4.7, but it is still an issue.
What is the Apple ATS standard?
The App Transport Security (ATS) is a standard introduced by Apple in order to improve application security best practices. It applies to web links within an app. For example, a link presented as http://www.aquafadas.com will need to be read https://www.aquafadas.com.
https means that the server that hosts this website has been secured (SSL) by an authentication certificate.
Is the ATS update required?
No, the update is not obligatory. At the time you submit your application, you can simply indicate that it is not ATS compatible. For applications that are already online, there are no compatibility requirements from Apple.
But it will become a requirement from Apple. So, better prepare yourself by replacing your links http by those in https (and by having the appropriate servers secured by the technical team).
What will happen if I do not replace the current http links with the https links?
If, upon submission, you claimed an ATS compatibility, the http links will not work and an error message will appear indicating that it was blocked for security reasons.
What do I need to do to have my applications ATS compatible?
- Update your application using AppFactory 4.7. Aquafadas is ensuring that your application will get a secure connection to our servers. All applications built with AppFactory 4.7 (and later) are aligned with Apple’s requirements. Only your content, hosting, if you manage it on your own, and url addresses created in AppFactory should be compatible.
- Replace all http:// links created in AppFactory and in your Store Model (when you created the layout of your application in Cloud Connect) with https:// links.
- Host you AVE files on a secured server (SSL). Note that Apple has published a list of available trusted root certificates for secured server: you have to be compatible with this list. If Aquafadas is hosting your files, please note that all our servers are already secured.
- Include https:// links only in your AVE files. For your convenience, Aquafadas automatically converts all http links from your files into https. As of today, most websites (including YouTube, Facebook…) use secured servers and already get an https:// address (for example https://youtube.com).
- Test your application to check all the links included (otherwise your application may simply be rejected).
What should I do if my server is not secured (SSL)?
Aquafadas automatically converts all http links from your AVE files into https. But, should your server not be secured, and therefore links to your server not be converted, you can document specific links in AppFactory. How?
Option 1) Upon creating your application, you can indicate up to 3 http domain names that should not be converted into https.
Beware that upon submitting to Apple, you will have to specify those unsecured links (for your application not to be rejected).
Option 2) If you have more than 3 http domains names that should not ne converted into https, select the button "Allow arbitrary load on http domains".
I have an app in which I have activated the English and Spanish languages. I understand that this means that depending on the location of the user you will see the application in one or another language. Now what I need is that all the customizable texts within appFactory can put them in the two languages but I do not see the way.
And another thing, how can I simulate visualization in one language or another?
I'm using AppFactoryiOS 4.6.4 and AppFactory 4.6.3 with the Next Gen Kiosk template.
I have a universal remote reader app which downloads all content on purchase. Many users will open this app when offline and I found it won't start for them if it cannot access the internet. I am assuming it is looking for updated zave files - which there won't be. I want to turn this function off so that users are not dependent on a data connection. They already have all of the files they need on their device.
Note: I literally now have 3 days before my 1-year licence window is up, so I am stressed.
je tente de soumettre la nouvelle version de mon application (kiosque next gen) au store google play. Mais celui-ci m'affiche le message d'erreur suivant :
Que puis-je faire?
Bien à vous,
Apple starts to require https only connections for Apps that are updated in 2017. Are the current aquafadas tools ready for this update or do we need to wait for an updated version? (In our case, we use your hosting of the contained issues).
I'm trying to update an app. The app factory shows that we have the license, but when I run it on the simulator, it says "unspecified manifest data". Any clues?
I'm helping a student update her app. When I brought in the new save, the ave certificate changed from a check to an x. How do I updated thAT?
Comment afficher de façon systématique la dernière parution ?
Dans votre Store Model, sélectionnez votre Spotlight et basculez le type sur "Title" (Titre), et sélectionnez le titre dont vous voulez afficher la dernière publication (cf capture):
Le spotlight affichera alors toujours la dernière publication disponible pour le titre concerné.
Ceci répond-il à votre demande?
Customer support service by UserEcho