Hello and welcome to Aquafadas Answers, the community forum for our digital publishing tools. Here you’ll find answers to common questions about our platform and software, as well as inspiration from fellow designers and developers.
Have a question or a great idea? Search the forum above or submit a new post!
By Matthieu Kopp
You might have received the below message as a follow up after publishing your Android application on Google Play Store.
" Beginning September 17, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use vulnerable versions of libpng. Your published APK version will not be affected, however any updates to the app will be blocked unless you address this vulnerability.
Action required: Migrate your app(s) to use libpng v1.0.66, v.1.2.56, v.1.4.19, v1.5.26 or higher as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. "
Why did you receive it?
- Our tools libraries are no longer compatible with recently updated Google's security regulations. From the moment the new safety procedures have been released, we've been working hard to update our apps.
Why you shouldn't be concerned?
- The applications that use vulnerable versions of libpng are not going to be deleted by Google.
- Your clients will continue accessing all the content with no change and won't receive any security alerts.
What does it mean to you?
- Starting from the 17th of September, the vulnerability issue will need to be resolved before submitting any new Android application. Our current AppFactory version hasn't been changed yet but the latest update will soon be available.
What was done to correct the issue?
- From the moment we have been informed about this latest deadline, we have been working on our software updates.
- The necessary updates will be ready soon to enable yo to continue submitting your security compliant apps without any delays.
What does it mean to you?
- As you might be aware, we don't maintain out of date application templates (Spotlight or Elegant kiosks). Therefore it is necessary to update to our latest Next Gen application type, that will enable you to make app design changes in real time.
How can you check if your licence is up to date?
- Please get in touch with our sales team to verify your licences.
We're looking forward to seeing your future Android projects.
The new AppFactory 4.6.3 is available. This release adds the Foxit library update which fixes Play Store warning about libpng security vulnerability. You can now update your Android app to avoid the Google warning.
Je fais une app monodocument et je lui assigne une licence de publication
Une fois dans l'Appfactory iOS v 4.6 je glisse le certificat de l'App mais Appfactory me dit qu'il n'est pas valide
How I can upload the design of the factory ios app to itunes?. I have seen many tutorials but can not find the way to climb the Aquafadas to itunes app.
- I created the app in the cloud Connect
- I created the product in the cloud
- I created the design in ios AppFactory
- I created the app in itunes
- but not how to continue.....
Can someone help me please?
After Update to Versions 4.6 there is no way to define the default StoreModel? Any idea?
How i can preview the results of my work in the appfactory android?. In the appfactory ios appear the option of export to IOS simulator but in the app factory android....
There is no "Android Simulator" available Mac. But there are Android emulators available on the net. If you export your app with AppFactory Android, you will probably be able to install the resulting APK file on an emulator. At Aquafadas we prefer to test on real devices though.
I have some questions about the AppFactory IOS.
- How do I change the language of the phrases that appear by default? (Powered by Aquafadas, you can synchronize..., the store is not available... )
- How I can see the design of the app store? Why it did not appear in the simulator when i preview the app?
- How I can replace the aquafadas logo (powered by) by the logo of my company?
The Newsstand app's Info.plist must contain UINewsstandApp=true. For more information, see the Information Property List Key Reference.
I am using the Remote universal reader template in appfactory.
What do I need to do to change this?
Hi Aquafadas Team,
I was emailed by your Team, and gave me some link to download the AppFactory-Android-4.5.10. As I extract it and tried to install.. I got this error..
(OS X El Capitan 1011.1 User)
Customer support service by UserEcho