Will be answered

Trouble installing InDesign plugin on Windows 10

olive 3 weeks ago in Content Creation / InDesign Authoring • updated by Kevin MARHIC (Tech Support) 2 weeks ago 4

I've downloaded the AquaDigitalPublishing.exe file and installed it. However there is no trace of the plugin in the folders and upon opening InDesign. Please help.

Under review

Hello,

Can you check in Indesign under Window>Extensions if you have those entries: AVE Project Manager, AVE Interactivity, Enrichments List?

On some computers the scripts to add the additional Aquafadas menu do not install correctly, however if the plugin installation itself is successful you should be able to find your panels here.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Rakuten Aquafadas Support

Hey Kevin, thanks for getting back to me.

I've updated to the latest version of InDesign CC (Windows 10) and oddly enough there isn't even an Extensions folder to be found in app. Also the AVED plugin is no where to be found in the Plugins folder under Program Files. 

When I expanded and installed the AquaDigitalPublishing.exe file it just extracted everything to my C: drive, in the folder I can't seem to find the actual plugin file itself to install manually under InDesign's file path. Any ideas?

Kevin, I looked back through other tickets and saw that Aquafadas wasn't supported in the latest version of InDesign CC because of Adobe's lack of Flash support. I'm curious if this is this still an issue, or has your dev team updated the plugin to work with CC 2017?

Will be answered

Hello Olive,

We did progress yes, but not to the point of a public release. We're about to beta-test it and our sights are set on Q1 2018 for the release.

We know it's taking a long time, but it's not simply an update, it's remaking the plugin from the ground up.

Stay tuned! :)

Kind regards,

Kevin

Rakuten Aquafadas Support