Hello and welcome to Aquafadas Answers, the community forum for our digital publishing tools. Here you’ll find answers to common questions about our platform and software, as well as inspiration from fellow designers and developers.
Have a question or a great idea? Search the forum above or submit a new post!
By Matthieu Kopp
When I try to do an update and/or reinstall Aquafadas, my anti-virus indicates the presence of the virus (TROJAN) "Swf.Exploit.CVE_2015_7645" in the "AVE Interactivity.swf" file. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Indesign CC 2015, I updated my Flash player, uninstalled Aquafadas but each time the anti- virus puts the file "AVE interactivity.swf" in quarantine.
So, I can not install the Aquafadas plug-in.
Does someone know by chance what is going on? What should I do ? Have you had the same problem?
Thank you very much!
I see that there have been a few software updates recently, with what looks like lots of bug fixes, this is great news.
However, I do not see the update in the Viewer for iOS App. I know I can use the Simulator, but this is not a realistic representation of what actually happens on devices.
When do you think the Viewer App update will be available to test these new bug fixes?
My magazine company is trying to export our magazine in HTML5 format to get webreader capabilities and have hit a snag. Our output (which I'm not really sure how to test; I'm not a coder and I can't seem to find a great deal of documentation for this format) seems to work okay, however, we're using Magzter as a server, and they have told us that they need an HTML5 format that can be viewed offline, or customers may get an "unavailable" notice.
Is there a way to export or set up the HTML5 file to be viewable offline if needed?
j'ouvre un nouveau topic concernant les applications multilingues. Je dois réaliser un magazine en français et en anglais. Je voudrais éviter l'astuce qui consiste à intégrer deux zaves dans un zave.
J'ai vu sur le forum qu'il était visiblement possible d'uploader deux zaves (un .fr et un .en) dans le back-office et que le bon format serait distribué en fonction de la langue du device qui télécharge comme pour un zave normal et un zave retina. Une seule licence permet-elle de faire cela ou faut-il en acheter deux ?
Autre hypothèse de travail, l'utilisation de l'enrichissement "Conditions". Peut-on créer la condition (le choix de la langue) sur la page du sommaire par exemple et l'appliquer automatiquement sur l'ensemble des pages du magazine ? Pour poser la question différemment, la variable "générée" par l'enrichissement est-elle utilisable sur l'ensemble des pages ou est-elle contextuelle (liée à la page uniquement) ?
Merci par avance pour votre aide.
I want to purchase a lisence but before that have some questions.
- I want to create a IOS standalone app. Not the one which opens in a Aquafadas app or in news stand. Is this possible?
- If possible which license should i buy? All i need is one single IOS app.
- Do i need to purchase a Apple developer account for it?
- Is it possible to try this option before paying for the license?
- The indesign plugin can export a project as .dpe. How is that converted to an IOS app? Any document/video which i should refer to which shows how to convert an indesign document to an IOS app.
I am having some trouble in AppFactory iOS. I am trying to publish an iPhone app using the AVE Reader template, and when I go to place in the ZAVE file and AVE Certificate, the AVE Certificate (manifest.zavec) is not being accepted by the program (as shown in the image below).
For the record, I am using AppFactory iOS Version 4.2.3 (v9153), and have also tried using older versions, all versions have been giving me this error. Just to remind you, I am using the AVE Reader template in AppFactory.
The ZAVE I am using has been generated from the InDesign Authoring software for Mac, Version 3.7.1. I tried Version 4.0.0 of the InDesign Authoring software, but it caused a lot of bugs to my ZAVE file. I am using InDesign CC 2015.
And as far as I know I have followed every step in CloudConnect to set up the app correctly. The ZAVE has been uploaded to Dropbox, with the link ending in ?=dl1 . I also tried uploading the ZAVE to Amazon S3 to see if that made a difference, but it didnt.
The ZAVE file works perfectly when testing in the Aquafadas Viewer app.
I'm really not sure what to do from here, and I have a very short deadline to work to.
If I could please get some urgent help on this issue it would be very greatly appreciated.
OK, so we finally managed to pinpoint what was happening. There is a bug that corrupts certificates by adding an empty line at the beginning of the files.
Here is a "workaround" for this issue:
- Open the Zavec file in any text editor (TextEdit on Mac, Notepad on Windows should do the trick)
- Delete the empty line you will find at the beginning of the file
- Save your fixed zavec file
- Add the zavec to your AppFactory project and you should be in the green
For now this should be enough and allow you to go forward and publish your apps. The problem on the certificate generation should be hotfixed on CloudConnect as soon as the reason this empty line appears is found. Until then, if your certificate fails in AppFactory, be sure to open it and remove that empty line!
Again, sincere apologies to everyone affected by this issue. In case you have trouble fixing your zavec file, do not hesitate to check back with us.
Customer support service by UserEcho